Sunday, March 25, 2012

Taught Nicaraguan Cleaning Lady in Costa Rica

In 2010 in Costa Rica I gave private Financial Classes to a Nicaraguan cleaning lady who had been living in Costa Rica for 19 years. She had 2 children : a daughter age 19 and a son age 20.

While working at a 5 star hotel she had received some large tips in U.S. dollars and wanted to know whether she should keep the money in dollars or convert it to Costa Rican colones. I spoke with her about the pros and cons of either action.

I also shared Case Studies I had created for Costa Ricans (Ticos). She had been teaching both kids about Saving for many years but was having difficulty getting the message across to one of them. I told her to discuss the Case Studies around the kitchen table. She excitedly reported that using my Case Studies created a breakthrough moment for the child having difficulty saving.

She said "Helene is a Missionary going to different countries and helping people change their lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment